Sunday, 13 September 2026

My Life as a Pinterest Board

Hello my lovelies, 
˙ ✩°˖🫐 ⋆。˚꩜

If you really want to know me, don't ask to describe myself. Just look at what I save. I think my Pinterest boards probably know me better than I know myself. They are strange little collections of everything I find beautiful, comforting, interesting or mildly obsessive. There isn't exactly one aesthetic. There are so many versions of myself fighting for space and somehow, they all make sense together. Well in my little mind they do. I guess here we go... There is the very obvious one that I am going to start with which is my bookish side!

Dark libraries. Books stacked far too high. Annotated pages (only for the books I'm studying). Poetry. Old architecture. Beautiful covers. Quotes that make me stare at the wall for 5 minutes. Rooms that look like someone disappeared halfway through writing a novel. I have an entire board dedicated to dark academia books, which feels like enough evidence that I should probably pretend I'm normal. I hate selling my books unless I have absolutely no desire to reread them again and I love having the physical copy of a book. I'm the kind of person who thinks audio books do not count as reading (sorry my opinion) and I always always ALWAYS carry a book everywhere I go just in case of long travels or waiting for friends to meet up!

Then there is the romantic me. Flowers. Bouquets, I LOVE FLOWERS SO MUCH! Pretty jewellery, I always have my dangle earrings and gold bangles on. Candlelight. Paintings. Ornate rooms. Little cafes hidden down pretty streets. I also believe that everything looks better when it is slightly old, dramatic and surrounded by flowers which by the way I love going to museums especially art galleries. I love looking at old, vintage paintings, I love original architectures that have not been modernised and within that love looking at nature and taking photographs. Sometimes I even edit my photos to make them look more vintage. It's beautiful to see original work still flourish and to see how art has evolved over time. 

There is also the "fashion" me. I have absolutely no intention of dressing according to one aesthetic. I'm pretty comfortable and flexible with what is appealing to the eye. Some days it's a cute outfit. Some days its dresses and most of the time its oversized jeans and a cute top. Sometimes it's autumn layers, boots and my leather jacket. There are outfit saves for versions of myself that don't technically exist yet but I'm sure she'll need them eventually. I mostly dress up in the winter because I love the layers and warmth. I love the jumpers and my jackets that I wear including my scarves. I also love wearing my knee high boots with a skirt and a cute jumper. 
And I seem to have an obsession with pretty things that look handmade. Journals filled with scraps of paper. Scrapbooks. Paintings. Pottery. Doodles. Flowers pressed between pages. (By the way these are some of my work!) Old photographs. Little trinkets that look like they have a story attached to them. I just love creating stuff whether writing, drawing, painting, scrap booking, making content. I don't think I'm necessarily great at it but I just love doing them. They are all hobbies of mine and some I have developed at a small age but some I have gained during university. I think it's great to see my taste evolve not necessarily aesthetically but in just what I love doing. You can also count blogging too:)

When you look at my Pinterest boards, naturally there are so many versions of me. For you it's the same too and all this shows your personality, style and your comfort in what you love. It doesn't necessarily tell you everything about yourself but I think you'd understand me a little better and maybe that's the best thing about Pinterest. You can create a version of your life before you've figured out how to live it. Maybe these aren't just things I like. Maybe they're little pieces of the person I'm becoming. 

Until next time my lovelies, 
xoxo
Oriana 

2 comments:

  1. Omg it's so nice to know someone else feels this! I literally spent all afternoon writing about this because it is so complicated! Like, how am I suppose to decorate my house with all these different aesthetics and interests?! hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW, I'm so glad you feel that way, to be honest this was a little hard to write this piece because of how complicated it can get!

      Delete